Circle saw is a power tool, it is very popular in the wood industry. Most of the woodworkers said that it is very easy to use and manage. But it’s easy when you know how to use a circle saw either it can be dangerous. It is a portable saw that is used for wood cutting work. Ripping a narrow board is quite difficult but you can rip narrow boards with a circular saw. Do not think that you can be done easily with this saw but it is not impossible.
Do you know how to rip narrow birds with a circular saw? Well, it’s ok if you don’t know-how. Here I am with you. Let’s know some techniques that will help you. I am a tools expert here. I am sharing some of my techniques and some are from other expert views.
How to Rip Narrow Boards With a Circular Saw
Some guidelines make our work easier. If you want to solve the narrow board’s issue follow these guideline techniques this will help you a lot. Most of the carpenters follow these steps to make his work easier.
Necessary Tool List
Before starting ripping narrow boards with a circular saw make a necessary tool list for your project. Here are some tools that will be needed for this work.
- To make a ripping line you need a pencil
- One measurement tape
- A board that will be larger than the ripping board
- Two clams
- A stand
Measure AND Mark Your Board
It is very important to know how to abuse the length and width of the narrow board that needs to rip. First, measure the board with a measurement tape. Then mark the ripping line using a pencil. This will make it easier to understand how much wood needs to be cut.
Platform for Work
To rip narrow boards with a circular saw on a platform is a very important part. You need a large size board for this work. If it needs to be bigger then uses multiple boards. The circular saw will be put to work on this. Now it’s time to attach the clam with the platform board at the two points. Fix it properly if needed then use bits so that it can attach strongly.
The blade is the key part of any saw. It plays the main role in wood cuttings. It is very important to make the right balance of the circular saw blade with the platform. If the blade is not adjusted properly, the saw will not be able to move properly when cutting wood, which can lead to complete damage. Blade height is also an important factor. You have to cut the narrow board by placing the circular saw on the platform. Take a reference cut to check the adjustment of the blade. Just take a piece of wood and move the saw.
Ripping Your Narrow Board
Now we are in the final part of this work. In this step, our main work is ripping the narrow board in the right way. Don’t move your hand fastly, hold a circular saw perfectly. It’s better to use your two hands. Start at the one end part of the board. Do not apply much pressure when you run a circular saw on the narrow board as it may break. Try to finish the job quickly without a break. If there is an interruption somewhere during work, stop immediately. Because even after getting interrupted, if you continue to work, there can be problems. Stop and find out the issue then fix it to continue ripping the narrow board.
Circular Saw Safety
A Circular saw is one of the necessary power tools for woodwork. When you know how to handle these power tools it works great. According to Wikipedia circular saw inverted in the 18th century. In the middle of the 19th-century circular saw were used in different sawmills in the United State. Nowadays different brand circular saws are available in the market. Even you can find out under 100 dollar Circular saw.
Do you know what is the most important factor when you work with a circular saw? Safety is an important matter of this saw. When you are not concerned about this any danger accident can happen with this power tool. Many carpenters are not aware of his or her safety when they work with any tools. In this article, I will guide you about the safety of a circular saw. Hope this will help you a lot. Here are some circular saw safety tips.
- Circular saws make noise so it’s a good idea to wear earplugs when you run a circular saw.
- The eye is the most valuable part of our body. Circular saws create huge wood dust so for your eye safety use safety glass. It will protect your eyes from wood dust.
- If you are a corded circular saw user then always be aware of the electric cable, make a distance between you and the cable of the saw. Keep the cable away from the cutting line.
- Many of us face breathing problems from the dust. Use a face mask when you are cutting wood with a saw.
- Work environment plays important tools especially when we work with any power tool. Make a suitable environment for your workplace so that you can keep moving without any issue when working.
- When your work is done, clean your workplace and keep unused wood and tools.
- Never work when you sleep because any unwanted accident can destroy your life. So try to work when you are fully active and energetic.
- Before starting work check the condition of your circular saw if any faults are found and take necessary steps to solve the issue.
If you continue reading this article, Thank You from my heart. I hope this article will help you and you get knowledge on how to rip a narrow board with a circular saw. It is very important to know the process of ripping a narrow board because it is a basic work of woodworking. When you know basic work you need not hire workers for this kind of work.
You might also like: